Coronavirus Information & Updates
Visitation Guidelines-Skilled Nursing Facility and Adult Care Facility
We are so pleased to welcome visitors to Fairport Baptist Homes!
• Visitors may come to Fairport Baptist Homes, seven days a week, and are encouraged to consider visiting between 10 am-8 pm.
• All visitors will continue to be screened each time they visit for symptoms and/or potential exposure to COVID-19, as well as have their temperature taken.
•Masks are optional for all individuals entering the facility. However, if you meet any of the criteria below, masking will be required:
- Individuals who have respiratory or any other cold-like symptoms (i.e. runny nose, cough, sneezing, fever, etc.)
- Individuals who have had close contact or a higher-risk exposure with someone with SARS-CoV-2 infection for 10 days post-exposure.
- Individuals who work on a unit or area of the facility experiencing a SARS-CoV-2 or other outbreak of respiratory infection. Universal masking could be discontinued once the outbreak is over (i.e. no new cases of SARS-CoV-2 infection have been identified for 14 days).
- When universal masking is recommended by public health authorities.
Please note that masking will be mandatory if/when the COVID-19 hospitalization rates are high within our county. We will notify all visitors, staff, and volunteers if/when this becomes a requirement.
We know that some visitors, staff, and volunteers may still prefer to mask when in our facility. We respect and support each individual’s choice regarding their decision.
If you feel ill or are exhibiting COVID-like symptoms (i.e. runny nose, cough, fever, etc.), please plan to visit when you are no longer feeling ill or exhibiting symptoms.
If a Resident is on precautions, visitors are still allowed, but must wear the appropriate PPE (ie: gowns, gloves, masks, face shields). Fairport Baptist Homes will provide these items as well as any assistance that is needed with donning and doffing them properly.
• Fairport Baptist Homes requests that all visitors be vaccinated against COVID. Vaccination is requested, but not required.
• Outdoor visitation is highly encouraged, weather permitting.
Updated: May 24, 2023