What’s new in the FBH Lobby?
A few weeks ago, a new cooler appeared in our main lobby, filled with lovely floral arrangements for sale at a modest price. Stop by and see what’s blooming…selections start at $5, and are sure to brighten the day of someone you love!
Proceeds from flower sales will help fund activities for our residents, so you can support a good cause while treating yourself to something bright and colorful…
WHAT’S RED AND BLUE AND DELICIOUS ALL OVER?
Unidine prides itself on making almost all the food for our residents and in our staff cafeteria from scratch. Here’s one item you’ll want to try making at home…
Blueberry and Beet Muffin
- 1/2 Cup Flour, Whole Wheat
- 3/4 Cup Oats (Ground)
- 3/4 Cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 Cup Applesauce
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup blueberries
- 1/2 Cup shredded beets
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Line muffin tin with liners.
- Mix the whole wheat flour, ground oats, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the oil and sugar together. This should resemble wet sand.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well in between each one. Whip on medium high speed for about 30-45 seconds until the eggs are frothy and thickened.
- Add the applesauce and water.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine.
- Gently fold in the blueberries and shredded beats with the fewest strokes possible.
- Gently scoop 2 1/2 oz. of batter into your prepared muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 23-36 minutes, until cooked through; you can use a toothpick to test for doneness. In this case, when the toothpick is inserted it should be clean, but can be a little moist. You do not want to over cook these, they are best a tad under cooked.
DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT OUR NEW WISH LIST ON AMAZON!
We’ve added a few new items—check it out!
Now, buying something on the FBH wish list is easier than ever. Simply go on line, click on those items you want to order, and your shopping is done! Whether it’s something for our dedicated Activities Staff to share with residents, or simple items that enrich daily life here, like a card table for jigsaw puzzle enthusiasts, your generosity today will benefit many for months and years to come…