Fairport Baptist Homes’ new assisted living community creates an affordable, accessible, and appropriate level of care for older persons in our area who can no longer live safely alone in their own homes. Our assisted living wing, like the skilled nursing units, embraces FBH’s “Pioneer” culture and model of care, offering the same “household” design, the only assisted living community in Monroe County to do so. This culture is designed to promote residents’ health, well-being, independence, and dignity.
Opening its doors in the fall of 2009, the assisted living community bridges FBH’s service gap between the independent senior housing and skilled nursing already offered. FBH’s North Building was redesigned in a capital renovation project entitled “Framing the Future,” which converted 54 skilled nursing rooms into 33 one-bedroom assisted living apartments. Each apartment is of comfortable size, with a living area, kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom. A limited number, with larger bedrooms, can accommodate a couple. Each of the wing’s three floors has a fully-equipped country kitchen and dining room, a parlor and TV lounge, and laundry facilities.
In 2007, Fairport Baptist Homes applied for and received grant awards from New York State totaling $6,242,196 for the renovation and construction project. These awards—HEAL NY (Health Care Efficiency and Affordability Law for New Yorkers) and RHCH (Residential Health Care Facility) “Rightsizing” Grants—covered almost 70% of the costs. Private funding is still being sought to raise the remaining funds for the project.
The assisted living community is designed for older persons of modest means, a grossly underserved population in Monroe County, who may not be able to afford other private assisted living options now available locally. FBH’s Assisted Living Community is an Adult Home, offering fully-licensed Adult Care Level services plus an Assisted Living Program within one setting.
Services included are as follows:
- Three meals daily in a family dining setting
- Light housekeeping and laundry service
- A nurse/care manager on site to develop your individual care
plan and coordinate any additional required or desired services
- On site nursing support, with home health aides to help with routine personal care needs
- Licensed home care services agency assistance on a
fee-for-service basis if desired
- Assistance with medications
- Social, recreational, and spiritual activities
- Beauty salon and barber shop
Other services are also available on site:
- Weekly religious services (Catholic and Protestant) and visits with on-site Chaplain
- Gift shop
- Cafeteria offering snacks and meals
- Preferred admission for FBH’s transitional care services, if needed following a hospitalization, based on availability and individual care needs.
- SOFI (Senior Options for Independence) transportation services for medical and personal appointments
- Perinton Community Center nearby, offering various social and recreational activities (for nominal program fees)
For more information, please contact Ashley Gebbie, Administrator, at (585)388-2383.
Please click here for a Letter from our Administrator about applying for our Assisted Living facility, including the current rates for the apartments.