In many ways, the most valuable gift you can give to our seniors is the gift of your time. Driving a senior to a doctor’s appointment or to the grocery store. Giving a caregiver some respite time, even for an hour or two. Visiting a senior on a regular basis. Or helping with parties, entertainment or working in the gift shop.
- If you’re interested in volunteering in Assisted Living, whether it’s to spend time with a senior playing cards or engaging in conversation or activities, please call 585.388.2383.
- In Skilled Nursing we have a need for volunteers in a variety of capacities including transporting residents in wheelchairs to the beauty salon and barber, going to the Chapel, or for companionship. Please call 585.388.2323.
- Volunteers are essential for Fairport Baptist Homes Senior Options for Independence program with volunteers of all ages needed to help their senior Perinton neighbors stay safe, healthy, and secure in their own homes. Life is made easier and better with friendly visits, reassuring phone calls and assisting them with tasks they can no longer easily accomplish, like shopping, minor home repair, meal preparation, driving, light housekeeping, and yard work. When someone can no longer safely climb a stool to change a light bulb, a volunteer can make all the difference in the world! Time commitments are flexible. For more information or to become a volunteer, please contact Biagio Zarcone at 585.388.2349 or submit this Application.
- We also have a need for community members who would like to join the Board of Directors or a Committee to help the Fairport Baptist Home Foundation as well as volunteering at our fundraising events like the “Step Up for Seniors” Walk. You can call 585.388.2324 for more information.
- Women’s Service Board is a very active group of women from the area churches who are concerned with the needs and happiness of the residents of Fairport Baptist Homes. They meet the first Friday of every month from September to June at 11:00 a.m. at FBH. They coordinate activities and service all year round. Some of their activities include visiting the residents, reading and helping with other functions. Annual dues are $10. If interested call 315.333.5411.